Thursday, October 26, 2006

1 little, 2 little, 3 little pumpkins

So last night I started a photography class with my friend Sarah and our first assignment was to take photos involving a particular color. I picked orange in case you couldn't tell by this photo. The rest of the class had better get used to Mr. Pumpkin here being my favorite subject matter. Yes, I'm absolutely fine with being that person.

note how well he coordinates with the pumpkins

Jamie also came along on my mad photo escapade and got some great Ann Geddes type photos of her daughter Clara. So adorable. I thought my head would explode from the proliferation of babies and pumpkins. It was almost too much to handle.

Sweet little Jake thankfully humored me. He was bug eyed as usual with this completely bewildered look on his face. I can't even imagine what could have been going through that little head of his.

I imagine it might have been something like, "So what's the deal? What are these things? Why am I here sitting with all these big... oooh hay!".

that's my hand trying to stop Jake from ingesting large amounts of hay.
Photo courtesy of Jamie.
He tasted it (might I add, against my best efforts) & the pumpkin too.
He wasn't pleased and he had this look of utter disappointment on his face like, "For Chrissakes, that's funny, that didn't taste like carrots." .
He got over it. He passed out as soon as we got back to the car. The excitement must have been too much for him.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

GORGEOUS! orange photos. I picked yellow and practically made myself sick with stress today trying to start the assignment. I am totally lost with a manual 35mm, I miss my point and shoot digital. sniff sniff.

Jacob said...

me too... I basically took the same photos with both the digital and the minolta for kicks. In the end it really doesn't matter. just have fun!