Sunday, November 5, 2006

seven months and one day.

Jake was seven months old yesterday. He's not crawling on his hands and knees yet, but he's still moving very fast these days, like a little G.I. Joe. Pulling himself along with his arms as if he was a legless invalid. Sometimes he gets on all fours, and rocks back and forth like he's about to pounce. He'll also sometimes get on his belly and just thrash around like he's swimming. I'll tease him sympathetically that if he were in the water, he'd be there by now. He's also babbling with great animation. He's very social and happy, but also terribly willful. He'll get this sharp cry mixed together with these Japanese type sounds when he gets cross. I call it baby Tourett's. He's also fascinated with peoples faces. He likes to inspect my teeth, nose, ears, everything, every time I nurse him. The nose is always a problem.

Last night I got a nice break from mommydom and went out with the girls, Jamie and Sarah. We went to a really grown up restaurant and sampled cheese & wine among other delectable things. It was AWESOME. I felt very light (sadly not in the context of my thighs). Not being chained to an infant was like that strange feeling you get if your a woman and you've left your handbag somewhere. It was strange, but good. We actually talked about grown up things and diapers only came up ONCE in the conversation all night! I definitely think we're making progress. We ended up holding on to that table for a good 4 hours I think because none of us wanted to leave that blissfully independent feeling of being able to nurse a lemon drop instead of a baby for a change. They practically had to ask us to leave. By the time I got home my left boob was about to explode.

Today it's back to reality. I'm trying to get this house in order and I'm stressed out to the nu-nu's. Jake finally went down for a nap & instead of mopping the bathroom floor, I figured I earned a break & blogging was more important. I've come to realize we need servants. Probably several. The laundry is out of control & I opened the fridge today to make Jake breakfast and could instantly smell that something was suffering in there. I just don't have the psychic energy to deal with it today, or probably tomorrow for that matter. I think it would be easier to just move.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

i second everything you said. so when's the next one??? :)

Sarah said...

girl's night out is awesome! i hope you don't mind that i only own one "going out on the town" outfit that fits.

Anonymous said...

Grandma & Grandpa are experiencing serious Jacob withdrawal symptoms. More video footage recommended as antedote a.s.a.p.!!! PLEASE !!!!!