Thursday, July 19, 2007

budding artist


First off, how utterly beautiful is this? I'm gushing with pride.
No, no, no, no, I didn't make this. This is Jake's first artistic adventure. This is going up on the fridge for sure!
Since Jake turned 1, I've been wondering when to introduce crayons to him. So the other day I pulled some out fully expecting most to be gnawed like a carrot stick. what am I saying, he doesn't eat carrots......... anyway, without any real instruction, he knew how to hold them and also knew generally what to do with them! I was so surprised! Admittedly, some tips got eaten (and spat out), but he did pretty well overall. First he attacked the paper here and then the box holding his new table and chairs from ikea. I don't know how I'm going to hang that on the fridge. I'm starting to realize that to him, anything is a canvas. Our walls are far too tempting and I know they're fair game as well. Thank God for the Magic Eraser! It really is magic.
Now I've got to find us some finger paints... and a really large drop cloth... and a hose. Magic Eraser won't help me here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A GENIUS IN THE MAKING. WATCH OUT HOCKNEY. MUST TAKE AFTER MUM. WE'RE PRINTING IT TOO FOR OUR WALL!!!

GRANDMA & GRANDPA

jamie said...

That Classical Baby episodes with the bees must have really sunk in! :)

Aunt Kath said...

He is a genius! He excells at everything; swimming, music and now art. I'm so proud of him, I wish I was there to kiss him.

Sarah said...

i love the use of texture and color. gorgeous!