Thursday, September 13, 2007

4 years and counting...

So it's our 4 year anniversary, and this year, just like every year, we'll dig out the wedding video and relive all those heartfelt moments. Here are a few...




It's just not a wedding unless some drunk guy gets up and sings Sinatra. It's even better when it's the groom. What, with his amazing knowledge of the lyrics and all, I bet he really made Sinatra proud. And then there was my favorite song request/dedication (to me)of the night. I get it. I've got back. I just love watching it because it dissolves me into tears both from laughter and from the pure sappy nature of it each and every year. It's good tv.

Every year I also look up what that years gift is supposed to be and I try to loosely base my gift to Jonathan around that. I guess I like tradition... and stress because this year was fruit which caused me to sit around for weeks completely dumbfounded by what you're suppose to do with fruit. I mean, I guess I could get really "creative" with that theme, but no body needs a pregnant woman to get "creative". Maybe a fruit basket? Or maybe a jar of preserves? But then it hit me like a bag of apples. PIE! I shall bake him an apple pie. Jonathan loves apple pie. I've never baked an apple pie, but how hard could it be? Why do I tempt fate? Silly woman. So, I went ahead and documented the ordeal for your amusement, or just in case you wanted a great apple pie recipe... as soon as I figure it out it will show up here.

5 comments:

jamie said...

yaaaay! happy anniversary to two of my favorite people on the planet. xo

Sarah said...

happy days! i loved seeing so many people I know, and funny to think that 4 years ago we didn't even know you!

Grandma B said...

Great Memories!!! Every time I hear that song - New York,New York - I am transported back to Palm Springs.

Lots oflove and congrats.
Mum & Dad

Mum said...

Bet Geoff wishes he could get away with an apple pie. 40years could prove a little more costly for him. But maybe I'll give him 10 apple pies! Now there's an idea!!!
Mum
XXX

Kathy said...

Thanks for the memories, that is one of my favorite times. Happy Anniversary!
I can't wait to see the pie video. Remember, no matter how it looks it's the taste that counts.