Thursday, February 7, 2008

I need to get something off my chest...

So I saw the doctor today and nothing has changed... nothing except that I have a strange hard lump in my right breast that the doc is concerned about. I found this thing Friday night while watching t.v. and thought it just felt weird. I hadn’t had anything like it before so today I pointed it out to the doctor fully expecting her to brush it off as a typical pregnancy related thing. That didn’t happen. She's concerned, and she’s concerned because while breast do go through many changes during pregnancy, usually the changes are more uniform. Breast usually have more lumps all over rather than a single, solitary type of mass that doesn’t hurt. She said it could be a fatty deposit, but because of its texture she wants a mammogram. So I go in next Monday for my first ever mammogram and am praying for good news. This is not the time for bad news. Only good news allowed. Lord, I have never prayed for a fatty deposit EVER, but today is different. Please let this be a fatty deposit. I trying not to fret, but it's kind of hard right now.

3 comments:

jamie said...

wow... scary stuff. i'm praying for it to be a fatty deposit, too. xxx

jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kitty said...

we're praying, too. i'm certain you're ok.
remember that doctors freak out about all kinds of minor shit and they're universally terrible at making their patients feel ok.
that said, bring on the fat!!! it's certainly possible for ice cream and cheese burgers to settle in the breasts. i've heard of it happening....