Wednesday, March 5, 2008

40 weeks...

and still pregnant. I was really hoping my first post in March would be an announcement other than this.

I'm convinced I'm gonna be in this large, pregnant and beached state forever. And folks, save it. I think I've tried it all. Indian food, garlic, raspberry tea, pineapple, stairs, acupressure, speed bumps, that labor inducing salad, walking for blocks every day, hot baths, moving furniture and even that past time that got me in this mess in the first place. I told Jonathan he got her in there and he needs to get her out. All with no success. I'll get a bunch of crampy contractions for like 2 hours, 5-7 minutes apart and then just as I get my hopes up, they'll stop.

I think Jonathan's even given up because last night he dug into the hospital stash of snacks as if to say, "better eat this stuff before it expires". Poor little Jake's over it too. Big Mama's no fun because it's gotten to the point where bending over, picking anything up or moving anywhere beyond my sofa is a very sad production of moans and groans. Don't get me wrong, I know she'll come out when she's good and ready and up until now I've thoroughly enjoyed being pregnant. But now, I'm just READY. SO, so ready. Especially since if I don't have her in the next 8 days, they'll try to induce me :-( I'm really not wanting that. I got induced with Jake and kinda feel jipped from being able to experience nature taking its course. So come out baby PLEASE!

5 comments:

jamie said...

Aww... it was really nice of her to wait until we got home and all, but really unnecessary! And now it's just plain overkill.

;)

Sending laborious thoughts your way!! xo

Ma Pierce said...

But have you tried walking? J/K. (Of course, kidding with an overdue mom is suicide). Can only imagine how frustrating this must be. But one thing's for sure. You won't be pregnant forever. We're on the edge of our seats! Checking in every day.

Sarah said...

i know your pain sister. Miss A was 6 days late. I went and got an oil changed at jiffy lube that day. have you tried that? :)

I'm very excited however to be back in town and I check my phone constantly to make sure I haven't missed the news. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Looks like we might be back in England before anything happens!!!
Only joking best of luck.
Mum and Dad

kitty said...

maybe unpack your hospital bag and wreck your house. she'll surely come then.
i wonder ... will they still induce you even if you insist on not being induced? not that you'd want to be pregnant any longer than needed, but just a thought.