Monday, March 10, 2008

Go Salad!

meet one gullible & desperate salad eating woman

So I had my first official "the THE Salad" at the Ciaoti Pizza Cafe here in L.A. today. As urban lore goes, this salad throws pregnant women into labor within a few days of eating it. I know... shut up. It's completely ridiculous right? Well, being pregnant for this long is ridiculous too. I realize it’s most likely more of a coincidence since the women flocking to this place to eat this labor inducing snake oil are ready to go into labor anyway. Regardless, I had to try it. Especially since this place has two guest books (in photo) full of testimonials to prove it. Two weeks ago I found out about this place from one of my doctors (so it must work!) and decided to just find out what it was made of and make it myself at home. Sadly, nothing happened. I guess I must have had the wrong olive oil/balsamic ratio. So today my mom, Jake and I headed out to this place to give it a try. And I wasn’t the only one, there were as many pregnant women there as there are in my OB’s office at any given moment. As of now, I’ve had some contractions, but they just come and go. I happened to read one entry in the journal that some lucky woman's water broke after her first bite of “the THE Salad”! Now that’s results!

Incidentally, this place is right across the street from that restaurant Robert Blake supposedly had his wife killed. Salad, labor and murder. That is one busy street.

2 comments:

Addie's Mama said...

remind me not to sit in that women's chair. but here's to hoping that it happens soon to you!

Aunt Kathy said...

I think that car out front is an old Mob car.