Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The BIG day has finally come...



The big man’s first day of preschool was today. Jonathan, Grandma and I walked him over and reluctantly left him there. We actually hung out for a little bit to just observe & take lots of photos. We were those crazy parents I'm sure. He seemed completely bewildered. It's a lot to take in so I can understand. He had to of been wondering why he was there, if we would stay or not, if he would stay, how long, who all these people were etc. etc. When walking over to the music class they all had to hold onto a shape on this leash. Jake held it for a total of 3 seconds and then jerked his hand away it seems when he realized he might be mistaken as part of the class. When I finally walked away he reached out and cried for me not to go. But I did. Quickly. And sadly. He just seemed so very small next to the other kids even though everyone in his class are only two yrs. old like him.

So I just picked him up and he seemed to do okay I guess. The teacher didn’t tell me anything out of the ordinary happened. Just normal first day stuff. I did okay too. No crying believe it or not. I’ve felt on the verge all morning but none a tear has been shed.
I know this is a really good thing. I'll actually get a bit of a break 3 times a week & have some time to spend with the newbie. He'll hopefully gain some necessary social skills as well as a few bad habits along the way. All par for the course I guess.

4 comments:

Addie's Mama said...

Go Jake! (and Mom too).

jamie said...

awww. that backpack kills me. the first day is the hardest... you made it! :)

Anonymous said...

What a big boy!!! He looks so cute - as if he is off on an expedition to S. Pole. We are very proud of you Jake!!
Love Grandma & Grandpa

brandie said...

I love the picture of you and Jonathan holding Jake's hands, so sweet!