Wednesday, June 11, 2008

frazzle dazzle

it's the pits around here. I'm feeling very sorry for myself.

Our fridge decided to stop fridg'n last Tues. so we've been surviving out of two ice chests with a $50 / every 3 days ice habit. We have no food and Jake is surviving on crackers and peanut butter. He's happy at least. There's apparently a back order until July with the part we need to fix it. I've yelled at several people on the phone about this and reminded each one of them that I have 2 kids and this can't happen to someone with 2 kids. Like then they might produce the part a little faster.

Chloe decided to stop sleeping through the night as of Monday. For the last 2 nights she has woken up at 11:30, 2:30, 4:30, 5:30 etc. etc... She was also colicky all day and I really understand child abuse now. I really do. I never would so please don't call child services on me. I just understand it.

They also both have colds and I feel on the verge of having one myself. This may be the reason for Chloe not sleeping. I feel like thin glass, like I might crack. This reminds me of the early days with Jake when I was so delirious from lack of sleep that I once took a shower in my underpants.
My mom and my aunt also leave today and my mom won't be back until September when she visits for a weekend. We are pretty much orphans here in L.A. so I'm wigging out at the thought of not having an extra pair of arms or eyes to help me out until then. My mom's been staying with us since February so I've gotten quite used to her help. Jonathan's parent's also just left Sunday. I'm about to go into serious grandparent withdrawal. Poor Jake will too I'm afraid. He's been walking on clouds the last few weeks exclaiming," One Grandma, two Grandma, three Grandpa". When my mom's twin, my aunt Joyce arrived last Friday he must have thought my mom multiplied into two. I can't even begin to imagine how much that must have messed with his little head. Nor, can I begin to understand how much this sudden empty house is going to mess with it either. This might be a good time to pick up a drinking habit.
In times like these I always try to remind myself that someone always has it worse. However, they probably have a refrigerator.

1 comment:

jamie said...

oh j... hang in there. let us know what we can do to help, and keep this one little bright star in mind: red wine does not require refrigeration. :) x