Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A conversation I had with Jonathan last night about the economy

Me: "So, what if the US Dollar tanks and a loaf of bread starts costing like $6000, then what?"

Jon: "We'll just have to learn to live off the land, buy some chickens and maybe a cow."

Me: "How will we buy chickens?"

Jon: "I'm guessing at one of those farm auctions."

Me: "Let me rephrase. How will we AFFORD to buy chickens? What will we trade or sell? the cats?"

Jon: "Sex."

Me: "Are you talking about prostituting for chickens? I bet you'd love that."

Jon: "Oldest profession and soon to be the new form of currency. I think you'd have to be the breadwinner, no pun intended, of the family though. You would definitely get more chickens."

Me: "Thanks honey, I feel better knowing you've got this all figured out."


Disclaimer: WE ARE HAPPILY MARRIED AND WOULD NEVER REALLY RESORT TO PROSTITUTION. STRIPPING, NOW MAYBE.

No comments: