Monday, September 22, 2008

now wait a minute.... seriously

I'm going to get up on my wobbly soap box and speak my mind about something rather controversial. I'm not putting this out there to change anybodies mind, I only want to raise awareness.

First, let me start off by saying that I am pro choice. However, I do believe there is a line when the procedure becomes barbaric. While I think that there are absolutely some legitimate reasons for getting a abortion (like a mothers life is at risk, molestation, rape, extremely underage, etc.), unfortunately, those reasons are not the only reasons people have them.

Anyway, here's the whole reason for this post. There is this widely unknown practice called Induced Labor Abortion or Live Birth Abortion. Babies under this procedure, who sometimes survived an earlier abortion attempt, are born alive by induction during the 2nd and sometimes 3rd trimester and left to just die. Basically, they either suffocate or starve to death and sometimes, completely alone. The babies are also usually issued both birth and death certificates upon arrival. Honestly, doesn't this sound a little bit like murder? I'm just sick over this and wish there was a "pro choice for medical or psychologically legitimate reasons, under 8-12 weeks" stance. Unfortunately, this issue seems rather black or white. I think a lot of people are just unaware that this practice even exists and think abortion only happens during the first trimester.

I'm not getting all anti Obama, who has 3 times voted to support this practice, because I think there are a lot of issues like the war, the economy & the environment that are incredibly immediate issues. Let's face it, if we don't deal with that and the wrong people get in office, we all might be dead. However, I do think there should be pressure on Obama to have this practice banned. I think he is flat out wrong about this. see below.





2 comments:

jackiesachen@gmail.com said...

It's things like this that make Pro Lifers sway more people to their side. It gives those who are truly in need, and those of us who stand behind a woman's right to choose, a terrible name. I agree it is hard to draw the line on what is considered a "life" and what not, but this procedure is clearly outside the line of what is humane. Honestly, I had not even heard of it.

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you posted this information on your blog. I agree. This practice is so barbaric.