Tuesday, November 4, 2008

MORE CANDY!!! please.

Really cute photo of Jake trick or treating 

(insert here)

I'm still waiting on some photos of Jake trick or treating from my friend Louise... my camera battery died just as we stepped foot on the sidewalk. I'll probably get some posted by Thanksgiving.

Jake and I joined up with some neighborhood friends, Nemo, a fly?, a Monkey, Darth Vader and two witches (including myself), armed with plastic cups and a few bottles of wine, and went trick or treating. Jake took immediately to the task. He didn't quite understand the point of saying "trick or treat" and thought it was much more effective to yell, "MORE CANDY!!!  fank you", house to house. Poor, snotty Chloe stayed behind with poor, cranky daddy and managed the trick or treaters at our end.  Boy, were we unprepared. We had more trick or treaters in 3 hours than we did at our other house during the 5 years we lived there. Trick or treating college students no less... in hindsight, we should've had a separate stash of condoms and Milwaukee's Best for them. 



Three empty king size bags of candy and 2 empty bottles of wine later, it was finally over and we all collapsed. Jake (and I) had made out like a bandit (or pirate). Butterfingers Galore! Even a king size Butterfinger no less. I think I'm going to take my friend Sarah's idea to use the loot as bribery for some loot in Jake's Elmo potty. Even trade don't you think? A Tootsy Roll for a tootsy roll. 

So, even though I complained earlier on the day of Halloween, that night turned out to be a lot of fun.



No comments: