Tuesday, April 21, 2009

T-minus 5 days

... and loosing my mind by the second.

You see, we're going on a trip and this trip involves 2 toddlers, 16 hours of travel, 2 hour lay over in Vegas... during naptime, landing at 2:30 am our time/9 am England's, and probably lots of Benadryl and bloody Mary's per a friends suggestion. I, for some reason, had it in my mind since we booked this here trip 8 months ago, that we'd do the red eye like we usually do and slumber our way to the U.K., wake up nicely rested yet slightly disorientated with only 4-5 hours until we could recoup from the long journey with a good nights rest. We are doing no such thing. I mentioned that we are landing at 2:30am/9am local time, right? Many of you already know, I don't do the no sleep thing very gracefully. In fact, I seem to transform into some kind of horrible, blood thirsty swamp creature who is capable of taking a grown man's head clean off if I don't get my 8 hours. Or, so I've been told. God help us.... God help us all. {whimper}

2 comments:

Chria said...

We had the exact same travel time and arrival time when we went to Germany, just eat something when you get there then throw in a DVD that they both like and lie down on the couch, you will all be napping away in about 20 minutes.

Anonymous said...

Don't get too stressed - the cavalry will be waiting in Manchester to pick up the pieces!!
Grandma
xx