Sunday, September 27, 2009

moving

Oh, how I've neglected you, my sweet blog. I have many, many updates but have simply been too busy to sit down and type them out. Bare with us, as we're in the midst of a move. Yep, we got the house!

For the last month or so I've been running around like a lunatic, signing closing papers, inspections, packing, organizing, tossing, painting & landscaping. It has seemed like an insurmountable task but I'm starting to see the light. It has felt like weeks that we've been living with piles of crap up to our ears. There are many days where I literally have to search for one of the kids behind one of the many wobbly mountains of boxes throughout the house. They think it's just the new way of living, living amidst piles of boxes. It's great fun and even more fun are the meandering rabbit warrens between boxes which are riddled with booby traps.. Matchbox cars, trains, Darth Vader's little light saber and legos seem to be strategically placed just so you go skidding across the floor in the middle of the night.

I'm also discovering what pack rats Jon & I are. I was going through our files last week and found a receipt for old paint from 2002 and other warranties and instructions for appliances I sold at a garage sale 5 years ago but couldn't throw away because SOMEDAY I'D NEED IT. It's been a very revealing process. As I sit here typing instead of doing the 109 other things on my task list, I stare at the embarrassing piles of bills to file and other such random articles from magazines and receipts that I NEED for some REALLY IMPORTANT reason [erhum]. Maybe we don't need 10 Easter baskets and that box of old handbags that I haven't seen since the last move.

A new house is like a new beginning and a good excuse for a garage sale which is number 104 on my list. How else could we afford to buy more stuff?

2 comments:

Krimey said...

i think that last line is my favorite... :))

congrats on the move and the new chapter in your lives!

Addie's Mama said...

let me know when you have that garage sale and maybe i'll set up my own booth. i have lots of maternity and some baby stuff to unload!