- Tape Measure
- carpenters square
- 7/64 #8 counter sink bit
- #1 3-3 1/2 & #1 2-2 1/2 exterior screws (make sure they're exterior screws so the won't rust)
- a bundle of 18" or 24" wooden stakes
- 4 2x6 boards cut 8' in either UNTREATED cedar or redwood
- 4 2x6 boards cut 4' in either UNTREATED cedar or redwood
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Monday, February 22, 2010
If someone would have warned me that surgery REALLY HURTS way worse than child birth for a really long time, I don't think I would have done this so carelessly or took the above smiley photos during pre-op. There is pain, and then there is pain that makes you very aware of everyday things like lying down, rolling over, sitting, coughing and pants.
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup cashews or pecans (I used chopped pecans)
- 3/4 cup shredded sweet coconut
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut, and brown sugar.
In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, oil, and salt. Combine both mixtures and pour onto 2 sheet pans. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to achieve an even color.
Remove from oven and transfer into a large bowl. Add raisins and mix until evenly distributed.
SO GOOOOD! The kids gobble it up over yogurt & I always need to make more than one batch.