Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Butter Bulb™


LOVE!

Meet my gorgeous new Butter Bulb™. This fab little piece of pottery allows me to butter my toast with style. Form and function on my counter top? Yes please! These amazing little french butter keepers are made by Barbara Dunshee and you can find your very own, one of a kind, Butter Bulb™ at her etsy shop. It was hard to choose which color, but I loved the bone white with the bright red dot because it works with the color scheme of my kitchen which has lots of white pottery and dishes, but there are a good few colors to choose from. They come in two different sizes for either one stick of butter or two.

Here's Barbara on her bulbs....

"For years I liked the French butter keeper concept but couldn't stand the look of them (especially hated the flat top lids). People would ask me to create them one since I was a ceramic artist. I would send them to potters I knew who made them. I would sometimes fiddle with designs in clay, or on paper but nothing grabbed me. Finally I came up with the interior bulb shape and it all fell into place. I love the way they feel to use, so roundy and comfy in the hand. I'm a little bit in love with them. "

Me too, Barbara, me too.

1 comment:

Barbara Dunshee said...

I'm rather thrilled to see my Butter Bulb(tm) on your blog. I'm very happy with how it turned out so it's nice to see you enjoying it!