Monday, May 10, 2010

preschool

this isn't so bad

So, I'm about a week behind on this news but that's just the way it is these days. Chloe is officially a preschooler. I'm not even kidding.

It's hard for me to believe too, a very tough pill to swallow. My baby girl [sniff] is all grown up and will probably start demanding her own phone in her room. Oh, wait, it's 2010, I guess that would be a cell phone now days. I'm old..

meltdown

All in all she did pretty well. Better than I did in fact. At first she clung to my arm like she was dangling off a building and and wailed "MOOOOOMMMMYYYYY DAAAAADDDYYYYY" over and over again, and even though I stayed for a good 20 minutes or so and watched her happily play with the train table and play with the dress up clothes, as soon as I'd try to leave she was frantic. Holding onto both legs, literally trapping me. I finally knelt down, wiped both our tears, gave her a kiss and handed her off to one of her teachers. I stood outside the classroom for about 10 minutes, sniffling into a tissue until she finally stopped crying. There were plenty of tears from the both of us, but she was happy as a clam when I came to pick her up. She ran over to me and practically tackled me to the floor. Jake even asked to see his little sister in her class to make sure she was doing ok. Yep, I could barely get through typing that without tearing up. That kid surprises me every day.

Today when I dropped her off they had finger paints set up and once she saw them, I was free to leave without incident. Not one single tear! While I'm not fully ready for this, the first of many school milestones, she's slowly making her way to the edge of the nest.


Making friends

1 comment: